Wednesday, January 9, 2013

CES 2013: Samsung unveils the 8-Core Exynos Octa Processor

CES 2013: Samsung unveils the 8-Core Exynos Octa Processor

Just when I think I’m out, Samsung pulls me right back in. CES is still kicking and today Samsung made a doozy of an announcement when they unveiled the 8-Core Exynos Octa Processor. Yup, they’ve just doubled the cores which is pretty insane when you think about it.

The Octa processors will be comprised of four Cortex A15 cores and four Cortex A7 cores. As the A15 are speedy and the A7’s consume less juice the idea is that your Android device can switch between the two which gives you blazing speeds without sucking your battery dry. Do you really need that much power? The average user probably doesn’t, but it’s sure nice to have on hand and who’s really going to complain about having a faster device? I’m a Samsung guy, and while I love my Galaxy S3 I’m going to be a little envious if the Galaxy S4 ends up with an Octa.

There have been a lot of processors shown off this week, and as you’d expect everyone in the world is claiming they have the fastest one around. It will definitely be interesting to see how things pan out as the year rolls on. There’s been no word on when we’ll see the new 8-Core Exynos Octa’s, but I’m guessing we’re going to see them sooner than later.

Source â€" The Verge

Filed Under: Articles

Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

//PART 2